6.8. Conclusions relating to this Chapter
In any follow-on RETA, the following factors should be regarded as desirable
characteristics of the DIAL Search aspect of the system to be developed:
- Search language offering users a choice of no use of search connectors, or
- Ability to limit searches to specific `Libraries', sub-sets of the whole
- Ability to limit searches to a particular database, to allows DIAL Search
to be used to search specific sites which have no search engine of their own,
or only have a search engine which has limited features.
- Ability to limit searches to a country domain, to be able to be used in
conjunction with selection of Libraries .
- Ability to limit searches by language of documents, necessary as
the range of non-English materials searchable in DIAL Search increases.
- Display of search results ordered according to likely relevance
- Alternative display of search results grouped by Library and database of